The Office of Academic Assessment supports quality student learning by assisting academic programs in defining learning outcomes, developing assessment strategies, and encouraging a culture of learner-centered education.
These goals are accomplished by:
1. Working with academic units in developing and implementing plans for assessing student learning outcomes
2. Assisting academic units in analyzing assessment data
3. Providing professional development
4. Serving as an assessment resource for the university community
5. Facilitating communication about assessment activity through a variety of venues.
- Our May Retreat was a huge success, with 80 faculty attending the Keynote by Dr. Ken Bain, and 30 faculty attending the retreat. Photos from this event are coming soon!
- New Academic Assessment "Peer Review" Process announced and beginning now. Click here for more information about this process. Click here to see the new assessment report standards.
- We've completed our series of Faculty Assessment Workshops! 500 faculty attended, which is unprecedented at UNLV. Click here to view a letter from the NWCCU endorsing these workshops.
- Annual assessment reports were due March 30, 2013. If you have not turned in your report, you must be in contact with Dan Bubb ASAP to determine a timeline for the submission of your report. Thank you!
From the Bookshelf
Looking for a great read? Check out General Education Essentials: A Guide for College Faculty by Paul Handstet. This engaging, humorous book is packed with insights about Gen Ed, covering everything from course design to assessment. It's also available to read online from the UNLV library.